A new update is available in Fedora 24 fedora-updates-testing repository. This is a major version change from version 6 to 7 and since this implies an .so (dynamic library) major number bump we had to rebuild all the packages that link with armadillo:
I have, not yet, repeated the same procedure on Fedora 23 since armadillo now requires SuperLU >= 5.2 that is not available on Fedora 23.
The main changes since the last stable version () are:
- added .index_min() and .index_max();
- expanded ind2sub() to handle vectors of indices;
- expanded sub2ind() to handle matrix of subscripts;
- expanded expmat(), logmat() and sqrtmat() to optionally return a bool indicating success;
- faster handling of compound expressions by vectorise();
- added erf(), erfc(), lgamma();
- added .head_slices() and .tail_slices() to subcube views;
- eigs_sym(), eigs_gen() and svds() now use a built-in reimplementation of ARPACK for real (non-complex) matrices;
- spsolve() now requires SuperLU 5.2.
In order to write this post I had to update python-nikola to version 7.7.9, again this update is available on fedora-updates-testing.
When this update goes to fedora-updates I will start the process of backporting this package to Fedora 23.
It is nice to note that I had the help of one of the python-nicola main developers so the task was simpler than it would have been otherwise and the final result better as well. Thanks Chris. :-)